THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK IN MOROCCO.
The Atlas Cultural Foundation is a project of Adirondack Sustainable Communities, Inc. a registered 501(c)3 organization with EIN # 20-2015699. All donations are tax deductible.
You can enjoy significant tax advantages when you transfer securities, instead of donating cash, to the Atlas Cultural Foundation:
- If you held the stock for at least one year, you receive a tax deduction for the full value of the stock at the time of donation (not just the amount you paid for the stock).
- You avoid paying both capital gains tax and stock sales commissions. (Brokerage fees are paid out of your donation, however.) As a result, you can give your favorite nonprofits larger gifts by donating stock rather than cash.
How to donate appreciated stock
- Please let us know the name of your broker and describe the shares you are donating (which company, how many shares, an estimate of the total value). We will give our broker this information so your gift will be recognized when it comes into our account. Please send this information to our mailing address (103 N 5th St., Livingston, MT 59047) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you hold the stock certificate, or the stock certificate is held at a bank or trust company, contact us for help with the transfer (406) 581-1865.
- If you would like to donate stock that has depreciated in value since you bought it, it may be to your advantage to sell the stock and write a check to the Atlas Cultural Foundation. Often, you can claim a loss and pay less in taxes. As always, however, you should consult a tax advisor about your particular circumstances.
Your broker will need the following information
Atlas Cultural Foundation Brokerage Account
Account Name: A.S.C.I.
Edward Jones contact: Matthew H Theis
phone (518) 891-5863
68 Main Street
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
Atlas Cultural Foundation contact: Cloe Medina Erickson
103 N 5th St.
Livingston, MT 59047
Phone: (406) 581-1865
You may need the following information: The Atlas Cultural Foundation is a project of Adirondack Sustainable Communities, Inc. a registered non-profit with 501(c)3 tax-exempt status, Federal ID #: 20-2015699. All donations are made in the name of ASCI and earmarked for Atlas Cultural Foundation.
Please remember to let us know the name of your broker and the shares you are donating. It will help us recognize your gift when it comes in.